Main Development Objectives Within the Overall Framework
Improved material characterisation techniques allowing for development of new and improved material models, and for damage assessment during and after extreme events.
Advanced integrated experimental and numerical procedures and guidelines in support of design and certification of aeronautical structures.
Smart impact sensing concepts under extreme dynamic loading
- To reconstruct and warning of occurrence of extreme dynamic events and associated effects
- To measure failures parameters as occurs to feed new material models
Novel and more accurate multiscale and multilevel simulation tools.
Major Expected Scientific & Technological Impact Results
- Enhanced accuracy in modelling of dynamic behaviour of composite materials and structures resulting in improved prediction of localised damage of composite components
- Improvement in detection and sizing damages (debonding, delaminations etc…) for the identified failure scenarios with resolution improvement of an order of magnitude
- Procedures in support of virtual testing for certification of critical aircraft components
- Significant reduction of weight, design and certification cost, and environmental signature of aerospace structures